The Huerfano- Las Animas Counties Early Childhood Advisory Council is composed of community leaders, agencies and organizations from early care and education, health, judicial, oral health, law enforcement, social and emotional health and family support programs, working together toward comprehensive, systemic goals to meet the needs of children, families. We support children and families in Huerfano and Las Animas Counties through partnerships which promote healthy kids, families and communication through self-sufficiency. The Huerfano- Las Animas Counties Early Childhood Advisory Council is a member of the Early Childhood Council Leadership Alliance (ECCLA), which is a voice representing the thirty-one Early Childhood Councils across the State of Colorado. The Huerfano- Las Animas Counties Early Childhood Advisory Council is a district at large member of the South Eastern District Colorado Association for the Education of Young Children (SEDCAEYC), this state and national organization promotes early childhood educators through advocacy, leadership and professional development.
Framework in Providing the Foundational Start for Our Young Children and Their Families.
- Provide every child with the access to tools to help them succeed.
- The first three years of a child’s life are critical in mapping their steps towards an optimal development.
- Families and communities are interdependent: strong families and healthy children create thriving
- Communities have a shared responsibility to invest in young children and their families.
- Collaboration is essential for development and delivery of innovative, sustainable and effective programs and services.
- Children require quality, well- educated family and childcare centers.
- Early intervention is effective in addressing the individual needs of children who have different risks, vulnerabilities and developmental needs.
- Early Childcare Professionals need ongoing education and support and succeed in their vocation. Our collaborative is dedicated to ensuring these opportunities.
- Every child deserves an equal opportunity to thrive.
- Stakeholders bring resources to the HuLA Council to develop collaborative initiatives that optimize the use of resources and opportunities.
- Collaborative efforts of the HuLA Council stimulate broad and diverse public/ private sectors participation in early childhood efforts.
How to GET Involved:
The Huerfano- Las Animas Counties Early Childhood Advisory Council meets the second Wednesday of each month alternating the meeting in the bi-county region and welcome new stakeholders.
Vision: A Guiding Force of Solidarity with Service for All.